TAIPEI, July 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — In an unexpected outcome, Kavalan’s Solist Vinho Barrique has topped a gruelling blind tasting by prestigious Japanese judges in search of the world’s best single malt.
‘Best of the Best’ Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique is the answer to Japanese judges’ mission to find the world’s best single malt
To find the Tokyo Whisky & Spirits (TWSC) Competition’s “Best of the Best,” 128 single malts were whittled down to the best 14 contenders, which were assessed again by 13 select judges.
In the final ranking, Kavalan placed first, second, and third.
TWSC2020 Best of the Best Top 10 Single Malts
- Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique (Best of the Best)
- Kavalan Solist Ex-Bourbon Cask
- Kavalan Solist Oloroso Sherry Cask
- The Essence of Suntory Whisky Yamazaki Distillery Refill Sherry Cask
- Komagatake 1991 28 Years Old Single Cask…